Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Older Work from 2012



One of my first pieces to have ever been published through Syracuse's own Jerk Magazine.  I worked within the magazine's music review section about a young hip hop artist's new EP.  This was one of those occasions where an image came to me while I listened to the artist's new single "Tha Dollar".  I found the rather upbeat song to have a lurking dark content about artist's selling their work for cheap commodity consumption.  Overall a favorite, gave the original to an old friend.

I really enjoy drawing animals, especially within a strong pen and ink rendering they can develop this really cool lithographic look within the strong details.  This rooster has a very "cool and confident" expression to it that I like.

A published piece that was used to promote within a poster for a film student's film.



Steve Buscemi!
An anthropomorphic family, I particularly enjoy the squid father's expression.

A spot drawing for Kafka's "In the Penal Colony"

An very editorial piece for "The Dancer" by Arthur Miller.

A piece that is still in the works, this was my first endeavor into utilizing a moquette for reference.  This was my first "conceptual art" piece that I have done.  I kind of envisioned this as an homage to the old 1950s Kaiju films I used to enjoy when I was kid.  Toho Studios and Gamera would be proud.

The moquette I built for reference for the piece above.  I am planning on doing a series in the near future of monsters combined with old WWII machinery.

No comments:

Post a Comment