Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall 2012

This piece was made for a local Haiku contest in Syracuse.  It was selected as a piece to appear in the final poster printing!  This was done mostly in traditional medium with the exception of scanning the text in and inverting it to white and collaging it onto the poster that was scanned in.  Before the digital scans were performed, I did a light pencil drawing on Canson Illustration board and then proceeded to come in with ink (Koh I Nor dip pen with a Gallot 404 tip and Dr. Martin's Black Star Ink).  I used a reference from a building in downtown Syracuse and skewed it by pushing the tower over a bit.  I used light water colors, acrylic paints, and colored pencil for the color.  


Memories are like sine waves.  Insert from sketchbook.

Here is a newer piece that I completed in my older more Alan Cober-ish style.  I completed this piece under the instruction of monster engine creator Dave Devries, here is a link to his site http://www.themonsterengine.com. 

Insert from my sketchbook for a character design course, a hybrid of an iguana, a crustacean, a fish, and a man.  Going to develop this idea further and hopefully have a finish composition with him included up in the next few days.
Another excerpt from my sketchbook, trying to work with negative space as a compositional aid in a similar vein to illustrators such like Jack Unruh.  
Insert from latest sketchbook, applied acrylic inks and a "splatter technique" to create the textures on the lobster.

Raccoon skull studies with variations with approach to representation.  Insert from my sketchbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment