Monday, December 3, 2012

Winter 2012


This piece was inspired by an act of violence I personally experienced outside of my apartment near the end of the summer.  The assignment was to depict a crash so conceptually I decided to offer the the aftermath of a stabbing and segment it with the moments leading up to the incident.  Drew from personal experience with an unrelated assignment that I think panned out well.  The lead singer of my old band Gyaos posed for the image, http://gyaos.bandcamp.com.  
Since I was a kid I've always loved dragons so I thought I would draw one.  This was a school assignment to reinterpret Cinderella so I kind of mashed it with contemporary clothing and Fafnir the dragon from Norse Mythology...it was a late night in studio, had to come up with something.  I've been trying to expand my pallet in terms of content as well as concentration of rendering and color as a design element.

No comments:

Post a Comment